Giant Heart Shaped Sugar Cookie Frosted.
Happy Valentine’s Day 2021! Today is all about the love but really every day should be. It’s easy to forget in this fast paced life that God commanded us to love on another. Everyone needs love, the world needs more love. I’ve been trying to do more random acts of kindness for those I encounter throughout the day.
This recipe makes a super soft thick sugar cookie. I made mine about 9×9″ in size. I left it pretty thick almost a 1/2″. I added the photos above to help show you the process of how I made mine.
To add the heart in the center you could use a heart shaped cookie cutter. Set the cookie cutter where you want the heart to be, then add the sprinkles inside the cookie cutter then remove the cookie cutter. I could not find my heart shaped cookie cutter so instead I took a piece of paper, folded it in half and cut out a heart shaped. I then set the paper on top of the cake and added sprinkles.
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
- Do everything in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
- -Sugar Cookie-
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 2¼ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon milk (I used skim)
- +sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, sour cream, egg, butter, & vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, & baking soda. Mix it up until a soft dough forms.
- Place dough onto prepared cookie sheet & use your hands to press the dough out into a heart shape ¼-1/2" thick.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown & middle is set.
- Let cookie cool completely.
- Mix up frosting by combining all the ingredients in a mixing bowl & using an electric mixer to mix it until smooth. *(You may need to add a little more powdered sugar or milk to get the right consistency).
- Frost & decorate as desired.