Easy Cheesecake 5 Ingredients made in a Pie Plate.
This is a classic easy cheesecake recipe. Almost as easy as the JELL-O No Bake Cheesecake boxed recipe that I grew up loving. I really just wanted to make a copycat similar version of that but the only difference is this does require baking, sorry. I think it’s worth the extra step of having to bake it though. It has simple ingredients and is a classic cheesecake recipe.
I made my graham cracker crust from scratch but you can easily buy the pre-made crusts at the grocery store in the baking aisle. I posted the recipe for the crust below in case you want to make it.
I love that you don’t need a springform pan to make it, just a pie plate will do. Recipe made in an 9″ pie plate. To soften the cream cheese I just microwaved for about 35 seconds.
- 2 pkg. (8 oz each) Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust (9-inch) or make your own
- -To make your own pie crust-
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12-14 full graham crackers)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- If making your own graham cracker crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs and sugars together. Mix in melted butter. Press firmly and evenly into 9" pie plate. Pre bake the crust at 350 F. for 10 minutes. Then prepare cheesecake filling.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs; beat just until blended.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven cool then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.