Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Chocolate Chip Muffins. What is the difference between chocolate chip muffins and cupcakes? I really don’t know so I didn’t know whether to call these muffins or cupcakes. They seem kind of interchangeable when it comes to chocolate chip but it seems muffin is the more classic term.
Recipe makes about 16 muffins. You can make a small batch of 8 muffins if you cut the recipe in half.
These muffins are soft, sweet, and filled with mini chocolate chips.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup soybean oil or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for sprinkle tops
- coarse sugar for sprinkling over top -optional-
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners or grease cupcake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients together except chocolate chips. Mix for 1-2 minutes until everything is mixed up well.
- Hand stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔rd full.
- Sprinkle tops with extra chocolate chips and sugar if desired.
- Bake for 16-17 minutes or until done. Test by inserting a toothpick in center of a cupcake until it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & let cool in pan for a few minutes then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.