Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Coffee Cake in a Loaf Pan.
Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Coffee Cake made in a loaf pan. My favorite kind of breakfast. I love coffee cakes!
Photos below show the process. The photo on the left is adding the cinnamon swirl part of the dough in the middle. The photo on the right shows the crumb topping added.
Look at all that crumb topping! Crumb topping is my favorite.
- -For Crumb Topping-
- 1¼ Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1¼ Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon salted butter, melted
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour (may need a little more)
- -For The Cake-
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup plain (or vanilla) yogurt or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (for cinnamon swirl)
- Make the crumb topping: combine sugars, cinnamon, melted butter, & flour; stir well. If your crumb topping is still too wet add a little more flour. You want it to be a consistency you can easily crumble between your fingers. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Using an electric mixer mix flour, sugar, & baking soda together. Add butter & mix. Mixture will become crumbly looking & a little dry. Add egg, egg yolk, yogurt/buttermilk, & vanilla. Beat until light & fluffy.
- Pour ⅓rd of mixture into greased 9x5" baking pan using a rubber spatula to smooth it out.
- Pour ⅓rd of batter into a small bowl and mix in 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Then pour into baking pan. Then cover with the last ⅓rd of batter. Take a butter knife and run it down the centerlength wise to add a swirl.
- Add crumb topping by using your fingers to break apart the crumbs & sprinkle them over the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes, remove from pan.