Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
We love pumpkin dessert recipes in my family. We frequently make pumpkin pie bars. So naturally we also love this recipe which makes soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. The pumpkin puree give the cookies an orange tint.
Recipe makes about 36 soft cookies. For best results refrigerate dough for 30 minutes prior to baking. Refrigerating makes the dough easier to work with and helps to produce cookies that don’t go flat.
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice together.
- In a large mixing bowl use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugars together. Mix in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix in flour mixture and stir just until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- For best results refrigerate dough for 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Scoop about 1.5 Tablespoon sized scoops onto prepared cookie sheets placing 2" apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are just starting to brown.