Quick Amish Cinnamon Friendship Bread No Starter used.
I have been making this recipe for so many years. It just calls for some basic ingredients. No starter or waiting like traditional Amish Friendship bread (I hate waiting). Just mix and bake. This won’t taste quiet the same, not as tangy but still dense and sweet. I think I even like it better!
Some recipes call for buttermilk but I find 2% milk, skim milk or whatever milk you have in your fridge works just fine. I’ve tried it using all the different kinds of milk. Turns out great with any.
Recipe makes 1 loaf. I love all the cinnamon and sugar swirled in the middle.
- ½ cup butter, softened (salted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl hand stir: butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg together. Add milk, flour, & baking soda & mix well.
- Pour ½ of batter into a greased loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl mix ¼ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together to create the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Sprinkle ¾ of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of the ½ full pan. Add remaining batter to pan; sprinkle with rest of cinnamon/sugar on top.
- Swirl batter using a knife (You can use a butter knife to make long horizontal swirls or swirl however you like).
- Bake at 350 F. degrees for 50-60 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing.