The Best Double Chocolate Chip Muffins.
I don’t use the word “best” lightly here. My family has been searching for a premium chocolate chip muffin recipe for years. They think this is the best recipe. They also think this is better then any store bought or bakery muffin they have ever purchased so that also says a lot.
What also says a lot is the fact they make this recipe every week, over and over again because they love it just that much. It makes super moist chocolate packed muffins.
Recipes makes about 12 muffins.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ + ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners or grease muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl combine vegetable oil, sugar, milk, egg and vanilla together and mix well (I don't recommend using an electric mixer, muffins can get over mixed easily).
- Mix in sour cream.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture to other mixing bowl and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups filling a about half full or little over half.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from pan.