These cookie bars are one of my favorites and so easy to make.
You don’t have to add the chocolate chips, or you could also throw in some chopped nuts with the chips. The original recipe only called for 3/4 cup chocolate chips, but I always add extra, the same with my vanilla, I always add a little extra!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or grease.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted butter with the brown sugar and sugar until well combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Mix in the flour and salt until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is set and lightly golden. Let cool and serve.