Strawberry Crumb Muffins.
After making strawberry jam this year, I had a lot of leftover strawberries so I tried something new.
These muffins are moist and you get strawberry in every bite! I love the crumb topping too!
Strawberry Crumb Muffins
Recipe type: dessert
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream OR lemon yogurt
- 2 cups Chopped Strawberries
- Crumb Topping:
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup flour
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line muffin tin.
- Combine the oil and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour in a medium sized bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the flour mixture, then the milk and sour cream or yogurt, stirring after each addition, until everything is mixed well.
- Carefully fold in the strawberries. Scoop the batter into lined muffin tins, filling each about ¾ full.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the crumb topping until mixed well, using a fork.
- Sprinkle the crumb evenly over the tops of the batter.
- Bake for about 16-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Wonderful cook says
I cannot wait to try these muffins! Muffins are usually my favorite dessert. Thank you for sharing!
Let us know how they turn out for you!