Thick Coffee Cake Stuffed Cookies. Cookies filled with cinnamon coffee cake crumb topping.
Thick Coffee Cake Stuffed Cookies! These cookies are topped with some cinnamon crumb coffee cake topping and also filled with it. This recipe makes thick soft cookies.
Recipes makes about 10-12 large thick cookies.
I started by using a cookie scoop (amazon affiliate) to scoop about 2.5 Tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball. (See photos above) Then I flattened it out to about 3.5″ in diameter. I took about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon crumb filling and put it in the middle.
Then I began to pinch the dough together to create a rough ball shape. Then I rolled the dough into a round ball and placed it on the cookie sheet. (See photos above).
- -Cookie Dough-
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick) softened (add ¼ teaspoon salt if using unsalted butter)
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Prepare filling in a small bowl by mixing the butter, sugar, and cinnamon together, mix, then add flour and mix together, set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to cream brown sugar, sugar & butter.
- Add egg & vanilla, mix.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Add to the creamed butter/sugar. Beat with mixer until everything is mixed in.
- Scoop by the heaping tablespoon (golf ball sized or 2.5 Tablespoons), then flatten in the palm of your hand to about 3.5" in diameter.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of filling into the center and then pinch the edges around it to close it into a rough ball. Now roll into a smooth ball and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough. Sprinkle tops with remaining filling and gently press it into the dough so it doesn't fall off.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until the edges are just starting to brown.
Leave a Comment