Cornbread, Sausage and Jalapeño Dressing.
I came across a similar recipe years and years ago, and have spent the last few years tweaking it to this one. Everyone loves it!!! It’s very versatile. I don’t like dealing with jalapeños, so I use the jared. Sometime I want to save time and buy the precooked sausage crumbles and dump them in.
Cornbread, Sausage and Jalapeño Dressing
Recipe type: side
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 jalapeños minced or ¼ cup of jared jalapeños slices
- ½ pound of sausage cooked into crumbles- Italian, breakfast, or any kind you like
- 1 package of cornbread stuffing mix or 3 cups of dried cornbread crumbs
- 3 cups of dried bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram (optional)
- 2-3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- In large skillet, melt the butter, then sauté the onion, celery and pepper.
- In large bowl mix everything except the chicken broth. Once mixed start adding in the broth and stir. The mixture should be wet but not swimming in the broth. Add enough broth so that everything is wet.
- Dump in greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 mins.
Leave a Comment