Copycat Crumbl Kentucky Butter Cake Cookies.
Kentucky Butter Cakes are so good and these cookies are equally as good. This buttery sugary cookie is a favorite of mine. It produces a soft cake like cookie and the buttery glaze on top is delicious.
A copycat Kentucky butter cake cookie. Makes buttery sugar cookies topped with a buttery sweet glaze. I love Kentucky butter cakes. I also make them into cupcakes and now cookies. Sugar and butter are two of my favorite ingredients. :)
You may need to adjust the glaze recipe just slightly, it may need a little more water or a little more sugar to get the right consistency. You want it thin enough to spoon on top of the cookies but not so thin that it all runs right off. Sometimes I have to adjust it just a little, probably because my measuring is a little off when I’m in a hurry baking.
Recipe makes about 9-10 large cookies.
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened salted butter (add ¼ teaspoon salt if using unsalted)
- ¼ cup regular sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ + ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- -Powdered sugar for topping, optional-
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir softened butter, sugars, egg, & vanilla together. Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Roll into 2-2.5" balls or use a large cookie scoop and drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Use a flat bottomed glass to slightly press the cookies flat or the palm of hand.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the cookies look set and edges are just barley browning.
- Let cool & then prepare glaze.
- To make the glaze, cut butter into a few pieces and place into small saucepan on top of stove, add sugar, water, and vanilla. Place on medium heat and stir until the butter melts down. Spoon glaze on to the cooled cookies.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.