Slow Cooker Dressing Stuffing.
Stuffing, dressing, I know the difference but I still always call in stuffing even though it’s not lol.
I found this recipe about 10 years ago and LOVE IT! It gives me more room for everything else in the oven. I have even tried making this in the regular oven and it turned out great too. Instructions for that are at the bottom of the recipe.
- I cup butter
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried
- 12 cups dry bread cubes
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2.5-4 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs beaten
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium high heat. Cook the onion, celery and parsley (if using fresh) until soft. Let cool a little bit so you don't cook the eggs when you mix everything together.
- Place bread cubes in very large bowl. Sprinkle with all of the salt, pepper and spices.Pour the butter and cooked onion and celery over the top. Pour beaten eggs over the top.
- Pour 2 cups of broth over the top and then stir. Keep adding in broth and mixing until all the bread is moist. You don't want it to be soggy, just enough so that all the bread is moist.
- Coat the sides of your slow cooker with cooking spray or use a liner, then dump everting in. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3.5-4 hours.
- *If you want to cook this in the oven, grease a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 mins.
- *You can make this the night before (uncooked) and let it sit in the refrigerator, pull out that morning and start the slow cooker.