We love dirt cake at our house, so we made this one for Easter. You can’t go wrong with oreo cookies, pudding, and cool whip. You can add whatever you want to the top, Peeps, jelly beans, edible grass, etc.
For the carrots I just whipped up some vanilla frosting, then added food coloring to get it orange. Then I put it in a plastic bag and clipped the corner off. I squeezed little orange blobs on some wax paper and put them in the freezer for 10 min. until they were set. Next I used a tooth pick and poked a hole in the top and added a few pieces of the edible grass (amazon affiliate). You should be able to find edible grass at places like Target & Walmart. I’ve seen it for sale at both places, it’s located with the Easter candy & usually costs $2 or less.
My daughter came in after I put the carrots on the cake and asked for a carrot. I gave her one and she looked at me and said, “I want a whole carrot”. Then I had to tell her that the carrots didn’t go all the way to the bottom of the pan, they were just carrot tops. She was a little disappointed.
- 1 pack of Oreo cookies
- 1 package 8oz of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ups milk
- 2 Instant chocolate pudding 3.4 oz (you can use vanilla if you want)
- 1 container 12 oz cool whip, thawed
- peeps, edible Easter grass, 1 container of vanilla frosting (or homemade)
- food coloring
- crush the cookies, I used a food processor
- in large bowl mix cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy
- in another bowl, whisk milk and pudding until thick
- add pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture and mix until combined
- fold in cool whip until well blended
- add filling into 9x13 dish
- top with crushed oreos
This post contains amazon affiliate links.