Giant Sugar Cookie Recipe.
Top with sugar, sprinkles, frosting or enjoy it plain. Makes 1 large soft sugar cookie about 8″ in diameter.
I topped mine with sugar because I wanted to keep it simple but this cookie is so good with frosting as well!
The cookie didn’t expand that much during baking as you can see from the photos above. The cookie ended up being about 7.5″ in diameter.
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened (add ¼ teaspoon salt if using unsalted)
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a mixing bowl stir butter and sugar together. Add in egg and vanilla and mix.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Shape dough into a ball and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten cookie dough down until you have a 7-8" circle. Top with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350 F. for 13-15 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden brown.