Coconut Shortbread Cookies 4 Ingredients.
Hawaiian style shortbread cookies. Coconut Shortbread Cookies made with only 4 Ingredients.
These cookies won’t really change shape or size so flatten to the thickness you prefer. I like my cookies soft but you can bake longer if you want them a little more crisp. I just baked them until they looked set, if you wait until the edges are browning they will be more of a crisp shortbread. Recipe is a small batch, makes about 15 cookies.
I melted the butter for the recipe in the microwave before adding it, I think the dough is too dry if you don’t melt it prior to adding it.
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter (melted)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 1⅛ cup all purpose flour (be careful to not pack flour down when measuring)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the butter, sugar and coconut flakes together.
- Add flour and keep mixing until dough becomes soft and pliable. (It may help to knead the dough with your hands if it is too dry).
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Take the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar or your hand and flatten the balls to about ¼" thick.
- Sprinkle with sugar/sprinkles (optional).
- Bake 7-8 minutes, or until cookies look set.