This noodle soup is THE BEST when you are sick. And with my family that has been about every day for the last month. I am loosing my mind over here! I am on my 3rd round of antibiotics for a stupid sinus infection. Just when I am getting better my daughter ends up with 102 temp. and for some strange reason she is starving. I got out a packet of Lipton Noodle Soup, even ripped it open. Then I decided no, I can’t do that to her and ended up making her “noodles”, that’s what she calls this soup. It really is quick and easy, I even had all the ingredients on hand.
As for the amount of egg noodles, it kind of depends on the size you bought. Just remember that they will double in size. Don’t worry if your like me, you probably added to many noodles. Just add water until they are covered or you can add more broth if you have it. Feel free to add more spices or ingredients, but my daughter likes it basic.
- 1 box of chicken broth 32 oz
- 2-3 cups of egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon of butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large sauce pan bring chicken broth to boil. Add uncooked egg noodles and let simmer. While the noodles are boiling, sauté carrot, onion and celery in butter/oil in a small pan just until browning. Add it to the noodles. Simmer until egg noodles are fully cooked (depends on the size you bought). If you find that your broth isn't covering the noodles, add some water.