A quick & easy Red, White, & Blue 4th of July treat.
I am so excited summertime is finally here! Out of all the seasons summer is my favorite so naturally the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. My sister and I are going to be posting some new recipes for the holiday over the next couple of weeks. I’m starting off with this quick & easy but very festive white chocolate dipped pretzel recipe. These only took me 5 minutes, 10 at the very most to make. You just melt some white chocolate in the microwave, dip or drizzle the chocolate over the pretzel & decorate with some sprinkles.
This recipe is very versatile you can make it for just about any holiday by changing the color of sprinkles you use. And you don’t have to use white chocolate like I did, you can also use chocolate flavored candy coating/almond bark instead.
- -1 Package of Pretzel Rods
- -1 Package of Almond Bark, Candiquik Candy Coating, White chocolate candy melts, or any white chocolate that is for dipping or coating (I used Candiquik Vanilla Candy Coating).
- -Sprinkles for decorating
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or a baking mat & set aside.
- Using a microwave safe dish, melt your white chocolate in the microwave according to the directions on your package. (For Candiquik Candy Coating I microwaved mine for 1 minutes, then another 15 seconds).
- Dip each pretzel into the melted white chocolate & then hold it vertically over the dish for a few seconds so the excess chocolate can drain off the end. (Or using a spoon you can scoop up the melted chocolate & spread it over your pretzels).
- Coat with sprinkles & place on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Allow the pretzels to dry, you can put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to speed up the process.
*I highly recommend using almond bark, candy melts, or candy coating for this recipe because bakers chocolate & chocolate chips don’t melt as easily or dry as quickly. Also you can easily make a small batch of these if you want, one square of candiquik candy coating coats about 6 pretzels.
More 4th of July recipes:
Layered Red, White & Blue 4th of July Drink
Patriotic Sticks-Strawberry, Marshmallow Kabobs