Cinnamon & Sugar Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies.
Cinnamon & Sugar Slice & Bake Cookies. With “refrigerator” cookies that I’ve tried making in the past the dough always ends up being way too soft, sticky, & hard to work with. With this recipe that is not the case. The dough is stiff enough to easily roll into a log shape, wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate, then slice and bake. That’s another thing, usually I find these cookies start to get too soft when slicing and loose shape but not this recipe! This is seriously the easiest slice and bake sugar cook recipe I have ever tried & how a true refrigerator cookie should be! Did I convince you to give it a try yet? I’ve tested this recipe out many many times now & it has not failed me yet.
*Tip* I find plastic wrap works best vs. waxed paper or parchment paper to roll the dough into a log.
When slicing the cookies you want to make them fairly thick because they won’t rise much in the oven. I probably sliced mine just over 1/4″ thick. Recipe makes about 48 cookies.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg. Add vanilla and milk.
- Mix in flour & baking powder (also add ¼ teaspoon salt if using unsalted butter).
- Lay 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper on the counter.
- Split dough in half. Drop half of the dough on one piece of plastic wrap & the second on the other. Shape/Roll each into a log about 2" in diameter. Wrap up & close off ends of plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Take out one log & slice into ¼" slices and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat when ready to bake second log.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just slightly turning golden.